- Proper handling on phone calls, emails or other methods of messaging tools to communicate actively with customers and issuing reminder letters when necessary.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to the customers in a professional manner.
- Assist with development, maintenance and documentation of credit policy and procedures related to collections.
- Follow up and work closely with internal stakeholders in collections (e.g. days sales outstanding, monthly collection targets, etc.) and resolving customers issues relating to payments and ensure accurate collections and reconciliation of balance of payments and recovery of payments.
- Provide a high level of customer services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare weekly collection, debtor aging and forecast report and statement, financial and business-related analysis and present to the management within the required timeline.
- Conduct regular credit control reviews of key customers
- Schedule weekly effective meetings with sales operations team to resolve Account Receivable (AR) related issues including financial disputes raised by customers.
- Prepare and verify daily payments postings and reconciliation, update all vendor payments into a system within the required timeline as well as corresponding with local and overseas vendors in relation to payments and enquiries.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to streamline credit control processes and improve efficiencies through optimization of automated system.
- Ensure that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per MAN standard.
- Follow up with operations/customers for outstanding Purchase Orders from customers for billing purposes.
- Compile, check and analyse monthly utilities bills such as electricity, water, sewerage, etc. and highlight and clarify any anomalies.
- Compile, check and verify monthly petty cash claims from operations and update into Navision system for approval and reimbursement.
- Perform thorough check prior to vendor creation and ensure all required information is in order.
- Track and monitor monthly utilities bills and ensure bills arrive and are paid on time to avoid disruption of services.
- Manage and uphold confidentiality of documents and information and maintain a good filing system.
- Lead or participate in projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the finance department as well as supported business partners.
- Ensure proper control when raising purchase orders to avoid violation of documents.
- Conduct a periodical finance audit and recommend improvements from the operational perspectives.
- Perform back up functions and other duties including job rotation with other functional teams as and when required.
- Periodical Accounting Closing Activities
- Provide full accounting support to the management including preparation of management report according to the timeline.
- Support finance team during monthly and quarterly closing processes.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or ACCA, CPA or ICAEW. Suitable candidates with a university degree in finance with relevant experience will also be considered.
- At least 3 years working experience in the related field and preferably Finance Executive.
- Adaptable to change, ability to pivot and find alternate solutions, demonstrated capability in meeting new challenges.
- Good problem solving skills, ability to navigate unexpected situations or conditions.
- Critical observer thinker, generate fresh perspective and offer intuitive solutions and ideas.
- Positive attitude with good interpersonal skills and passionate on team collaboration.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Ability to multi task, work independently, good time and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and willingness to be hands on.
- Attentive to details with strong problem solving skills and strong analytical mind.
- Knowledge in accounting software – SAP would be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point.
Accounting & General Business Services
Accounting / Auditing / Tax
Contract / Temp
MYR 3, 001- MYR 4, 500 / mth
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For email a detailed resume in Word format to Sandy Loo.
For further discussion about this role, please find contact details of Sandy Loo as below:
*All information will be treated with strictest confidence. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified.